Four Simple Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code (-6000, -77)
Are you dealing with the QuickBooks error 6000 77? Then you have landed on the correct page. In this article, we would discuss all important details related to the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77.
QuickBooks is one of the popular software that helps the user to manage their records and transaction data very easily. The software also provides useful features that make the job even easier. But with many of its attractive tools and features, the software also has some demerits. The customers of QuickBooks generally complain about the error that restricts their day to day activities. Just like some other software QuickBooks also has many errors including the QuickBooks error code (-6000, -77).
If you are looking for the solution to the error then read the article very carefully till the end. We have divided the whole article into two main sections. In the first section, we would discuss the various reasons for the QuickBooks error 6000 77. And the next section is dedicated to the several methods to fix the issue. So without further ado, let us just directly get into it.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
The QuickBooks error -6000 -77 arises in the system due to some incorrect folder in the QuickBooks. When users experience the error, they receive the error message as:
“Error 77: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.”
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Before resolving the issue it is important to understand the problem first. It is very essential to learn from where the QuickBooks error code -6000 -77 is arising. Hence we have prepared some points below to learn the reasons for the issue. So if you are dealing with the error then it is recommended to read the points very carefully:
- The company file is saved within the folder that has “Incorrect folder permission”.
- The error additionally occurs when the company file is stored on the external storage rather than being within the network.
- You must find the company file on the local drive that is placed on the external storage device.
- The issue also happens if the mapped drive is mentioned to open the company file.
- Users may additionally experience the problem if they’re exploiting the Quickbooks application in a very multi-mode version.
Resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 77
You now know the reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 6000 77. Therefore, it is a good time to fix the issue from the system. In this article we will discuss all the possible solutions which would help you to erase the problem from your device. Let’s get started!
Solution 1: Fix the Issue Using File Doctor
One of the most useful tools of QuickBooks is File Doctor, that aids the user to resolve the problem from the system.
- Download the File Doctor then use it on your server.
- Install the File Doctor, hit the Scan button.
- The tool can then scan the company file.
- Try to clean the file up.
- Last step is to refresh the location of the file.
Solution 2: Change the Name of .ND and .TLG file
In order to resolve the error it is important to rename the files with the extension name .TLG and .ND. So to perform the method follow the steps below:
- Open the QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- Go to the QuickBooks software.
- Click on the Transaction Log file (.TLG) and the Network Dealing File (.ND).
- Right click on any of the files and then choose the rename option to change the name of the file.
- Repeat the above steps with the .ND files too.
- And then move the new files to a newly created folder.
- Now try to use QuickBooks and open the company file.
- Check if you are still getting the QuickBooks error 6000 77.
Solution 3: Change the Firewall Settings
- Try to amendment the settings of the Firewall port settings.
- Then you ought to manually assemble the settings of all firewall ports.
- After that, befittingly assemble the Anti-virus or install anti-malware software.
- Sometimes, the third-party antivirus does not allow QuickBooks to use the network thanks to some security purpose. it might trigger the QuickBooks error 6000 77. The error may bump into as a threat to the company file and additionally the user could not access the company files either.
- Hence it is important to turn off the anti-virus defender. But since there are plenty of antivirus applications out here. It is not possible for us to discuss the steps of each of them. Therefore if you want to switch off the software then visit the official website of your antivirus and search for the method there.
Solution 4: Recreate Damaged Folder
If the above methods did not help you to solve the issue from your system, then do not worry we have one more solution to fix it. Try this one out!
- First of all, you need to C:\ drive.
- Then save the data file there.
- Try to locate the .QBW folder.
- Then create a new folder.
- Copy the .QBW folder and paste it in the new;y created folder.
- Accept the permissions of Windows and solve the queries effortlessly.
- Try to access the company file in the new location.
ALSO READ: QuickBooks Error 3371
With the fourth solution we have come to the end of the article hopefully, this article was helpful and informative for you. And we played a reasonable role in resolving the issue from your system. If there is any chance that you are still getting the error, then try to contact the support team of Intuit QUickBooks. Thankfully, they are available for 24X7 to help their users all the time. You can easily access the helpline number from the official website of the software.
If you like the blog then like it, follow our website for more such informative articles. Share the post with your friends and teammates. Stay connected!