Two Quick Steps to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Are you dealing with the QuickBooks error 6144 82? If yes, then this article is exactly for readers like you. We will discuss all possibilities regarding the QuickBooks error -6144 -82 in her.
As we all know QuickBooks is one of the most popular software for retail management. The software has many amazing gestures like payroll and transaction tracker that help the user to easily access all the data. However just like any other application QuickBooks also has its own demerits. Users often complain about errors while using the software. And errors are truly frustrating when it appears unannounced in the system. We understand the frustration and hence we have prepared this article to resolve the QuickBooks error, especially the error 6144 82 QuickBooks.
In this article we will first understand the issue closely, exploring the possible reason for the occurrence, common symptoms while experiencing the error and obviously the solution of the problem. So without wasting any more time, we will now directly jump into the article.
What is QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
The user generally experienced the QuickBooks Error 6144 82 due to some problem in the Windows Registry. It is important to restrict using the software or any kind of task while facing the issue. We have discussed all the possible symptoms of the error below.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Below is the list of all possible symptoms that users have experienced while facing the QuickBooks error 6144 82. We have discussed the most general ones which appear more frequently. Let’s have a look:
- You might receive the error message as: “Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
“QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82”
- The users have also complained about the slow down of the Windows.
- QuickBooks might get frequently freeze.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
After considering the symptoms, it is time to understand why you are getting the error in your devices. And what are the factors that might be inducing the issue?
- The message pops up as a result of once the software package finds some broken downloaded file QuickBooks.
- Error 6144 82 QuickBooks happens once putting in the QuickBooks application.
- It might occur while the opening or closing of the system.
- You may additionally get the message of QuickBooks error 6144 82 whereas putting in the OS on your laptop.
- The malicious application might need to remove the Windows files or deleting vital QuickBooks.
- It is additionally potential that the computer’s RAM and the disk are broken, that is inflicting the loss of files and information.
- You might have recently modified a few settings or data that triggered the QuickBooks error 6144 82.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Now since you know all the important details regarding the QuickBooks error code 6144 82. You are ready to solve the issue from your system. We have prepared all the possible methods to fix the issue from your system. Hence read and follow all the steps very carefully for the best results.
Solution 1: Change the Name of .ND and .TLG File to .OLD
This is the first solution to the list. In this method, you need to rename the file .nd and .tlg into .old folders.
- Open the QuickBooks in your system.
- Now, press the key F2 on your keyboard to rename the files.
- It will offer you the main points of the company file so choose the required folder.
- Look for the .tlg and .nd extensions and opt for them.
- Click on the file (.tlg or .nd) so opt for the file to rename it, by clicking the renaming choice.
- Repeat the steps to rename the files.
- Lastly, change the name and open the QuickBooks company file to see if you’re still facing the error.
Solution 2: Repair Windows Registry
If the above solution did not help you to resolve the issue, try this one.
- Tap the Start button.
- Type the command “Enter key from the keyboard” in the search box.
- Press the key Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard and then hit the ENTER key.
- On the Permission dialogue box, hit the Yes button.
- Then in the black box, type “Regedit.”
- In the Registry Editor, select the error option, Error 6144 82.
- Look for the File Menu then hiton the choice Export.
- Choose the folder and hit the chosen Branch from the drop-down list of Export vary Box.
- Save the .reg file extension.
- Now create a back up of QuickBooks which is connected to the registry.
ALSO READ: QuickBooks Error 179
Hopefully, the above article helped you to solve the QuickBooks error 6144 82. In case, you could resolve the issue then consider reaching to the customer support team of Intuit QuickBooks. You can get the number from the official website. If you liked the article then also check out our other article. Stay connected!